Subject: Re: Mounting a PC partition with CrossDOS
From: [email-masked] (Chris Hames)
Date: 15 Nov 1994 14:21:50 +1100
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.misc

[email-masked] (Eric Edwards) writes:

>I have a hard drive that is shared between my Amiga 3000 and PC clone via
>the SCSI bus.

>I want to mount the MSDOS partition on the Amiga side.  I have CrossDOS. 
>This shouldn't be a problem.  But I can't get it to work!

The main things to remember when trying to read a real IBM harddrive
with CrossDOS mountlist entry are:-

1.  Get the mount parameters from HDToolBox/ChangeDriveType/DefineNew/
ReadConfiguration, if the number of heads * blockspertrack does not equal
blockspercylinder then set heads(surfaces) to one and use blockspercylinder
as BlocksPerTrack in the mount entry.

2. Use DosType=0x4d534800.

3. End the mount name in C eg "PCC:" for the first partition D for the
next etc.

Regards,
-- 
Chris Hames    [email-masked]